It can be a struggle to find a way to entertain your little ones, so you might be considering purchasing some indoor playground equipment to keep their attention, but of course, you want the best. There are many choices out there, so consider your space and children’s age before searching for the right equipment.
A few of the best types of indoor playground equipment are:
What is best depends on your child’s interests. Finding products that engage and entertain will be the best strategy for long term play.
You might be setting up a small playground inside your home or a play place in your office, so consider the space you will be using and how it might interact with the surrounding environment. Keep in mind that the goal is to create a fun and safe space for kids to play. Try and imagine yourself in their shoes when picking out equipment.
With this in mind, you’ll have better luck finding products that grab their attention and don’t let it go.
What are the Best Types of Indoor Playground Equipment?
There are lots of different types of playground equipment on the market. Finding the best equipment will depend on several factors like durability and price. Playground equipment can also be geared towards different age groups, so finding the best product will depend on who will be playing on it.
Here are some highlights from a few categories of playground equipment.
- The Step2 Naturally Playful Lookout Treehouse is an excellent choice for younger children, around toddler age. This slide comes with features like a large play platform and extra goodies like a periscope on top for playful viewing. On top of the features, it is also reasonably durable and easy to set-up.
- If your young ones’ safety is on the top of your mind, consider the ECR4Kids SoftZone Single-Tunnel Foam Climber. Its low profile and densely padded structure make sure your children are safe during playtime. It also features a removable cover for easy cleaning and a price point that can’t be beaten.
- Step2’s Playful Wooden Climber is an excellent option if you are looking for more fun features. This offering comes with climbing walls for engaging physical play and a natural coloring that will mesh well with most decors. It comes with a nice large slide and a big enough platform for several kids to be having fun at once.
Here are a few great climbing toys that any child is sure to enjoy.
- The Costzon Wooden Climbing Triangle Ladder is a straightforward but durable design. It offers a child a rugged but safe structure to climb and hang on. It features a non-BPA finish and rounded edges on the wood. While durable when assembled, it can also be taken apart fairly quickly for cleaning.
- If you are looking for more areas to play, the ECR4Kids SoftZone Four Tunnel Maze will be more for you. It features several padded play pieces and tunnels that will engage your child and offer a fun, imaginative playtime. You can also customize this offering to better fit your needs. It comes in a 1,2,3 and 4 tunnel versions.
- If you are looking for more climbing choices, the Quadro Universal – Rugged Indoor/Outdoor Climber might be a good fit. This product comes with all the parts you need to build a customized climbing structure. This modular kit comes with over 300 pieces and is the most versatile option on this list. Let your kids develop their dream structure! With supervision, of course.
These are just a handful of the great options out there. Understanding what you are looking for when it comes to playground equipment and space will help you determine which product is right for your needs.
A lot of these products are more geared towards younger children. You might be wondering if there are choices for older kids.
Is There Equipment That Is Geared Towards Older Children? (6-10)
If your kids are a little too old for the products we have already explored, or you have a lot of different aged kids to entertain, you might be considering getting some indoor playground equipment that will cater to these older children.
There are lots of great options that offer engaging and fun activities for older kids. Here are just a few:
- If bouncing sounds fun, maybe consider an indoor trampoline. The Giantex 55″ Kids Trampoline is a great durable option that can be used indoors and outdoors. It features an extensive enclosed netting system and padded frame for safety. Its rugged steel frame will make sure it provides bouncing play for years.
- If climbing is still the name of the game, the Step2 Skyward Summit offers an adventurous challenge. It is covered with different climbing surfaces and several cargo nets for hanging.
- For something a little more reasonably priced than the Skyward, consider the Eezy Peezy Monkey Bars. It features lots of climbing options as well as a classic playground staple, the monkey bars. Its lightweight UV resistant structure makes sure it’s a pinch to break down and re-assemble. It can also be used both as an indoor and outdoor playground feature.
Older children tend to need a bit more mental engagement. This means exciting their minds with play structures that are challenging and fun. Games and Toys are also an excellent option for older kids.
Is it Expensive to Build an Indoor Playground?
If you are looking to get all the most outstanding and engaging playground equipment, it might seem like you need to fork over extra dough. At the end of the day, though, remember what the goal of the playground is; to have fun.
There are plenty of ways to have fun on a budget, so consider some of these items when searching for equipment.
- A Play Tent is a great affordable option. This Kiddzery Play Tent offers a whole lot in a compact portable kit. Kids can enjoy several tunnels and houses made of durable mesh. The system is designed to be customizable so that you can invent new patterns for play. The whole play tent breaks down into a small carrying case for easy moving.
- See-Saws always make for a good time. For a strong but reasonably priced option, consider the Nova Microdermabrasion Kids Seesaw. Alongside its durable design, it also can move 360 degrees on a swivel for added fun.
- You can never go wrong with games and toys. Kids love to tactile play, so think about getting some Wooden Play Blocks. For older children, you might need something a little more engaging. Games like the GoSports Giant Wooden 4 in a Row Game can offer play that is pleasant and playfully competitive.
When considering what indoor playground equipment is best, always remember to include a variety. Picking a few of the options listed here will ensure the children stay focused and engaged in their playtime. It is never necessary to break the bank finding the best equipment either.
If you have kids, you know, sometimes the cheapest, most straightforward option is the most entertaining. Just because a piece is expensive does not mean it will be the best item to play with. Fill your indoor play space with big pieces like slides and climbing equipment but always have toys like wooden blocks to cater to different play styles.
Plan out your indoor playground first. Once you have found the right equipment and assembled it all, you’ll be on your way to creating a safe and fun environment for kids to play.